About this policy
Eat mi is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is handled in a safe and responsible way. This policy outlines how we aim to achieve this and includes the information collected when:
- you use our website Eat mi
- you make an order on our website.
- you make enquiries on our website.
Definition of Personal Data
Personal Data means any data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly/indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to us via our site.
By providing your personal data, you agree that we can use your personal data in accordance with this policy.
Ensure you understand this policy in its entirety and take your time to read it.
Who we are
We are a Vietnamese restaurant operating in Auckland and providing a click and collect ordering solution through our website https://eatmi.co.nz.
How do we collect information from you?
We collect information from you:
- when you use the contact form
- when you place an order
What type of information is collected from you?
You are asked to submit personal information about yourself when you use our contact form or when you place an order. We will collect this information so we can fulfill your order or respond to you contact request.
Eat mi collects information such as:
- e-mail address (used for order confirmation and follow-up)
- telephone number (used to provide update on the order is required)
- Credit card information required to pay the order through our Secured Gateway Payment partner Stripe. Eat mi does not store any credit card detail, unless specifically requested by customer (opt-in). In that case, for security reasons, the credit card detailed are exclusively stored by our Gateway Payment provider, and Eat mi doesn’t store any payment detail on its servers.
- company name & address can be required in case of delivery
- dietary requests or any other comment left in the order
How is your information used?
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary to complete an order, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests.
We require the information outlined in the previous section to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Send you service emails (booking confirmation and post-dining feedback).
- Improve our products and services.
- Send marketing communications if you have opted in to receive them.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties. Any personal information we request from you will be safeguarded under current legislation.
We will only share your information with companies if necessary to deliver services on our behalf. For example service providers (e.g. Delivery partners for the delivery of orders), third-party payment processors, and other third parties to provide our Sites and fulfil your requests, and as otherwise consented to by you or as permitted by applicable law.
How and where do we store data?
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not pass your details to any third parties for marketing purposes unless you have expressly permitted us to. Furthermore, you can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email at [email protected]
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that Eat mi holds about you and have any inaccuracies corrected. Any such requests should be made to this email address: [email protected]
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it. We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will, therefore, be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following basis): 1 Year
Data security is very important to us, and to protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through our Site.
Use of ‘cookies’
A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server which allows the website to recognise you when you visit. Cookies only collect data about browsing actions and patterns, and do not identify you as an individual.
- Opting Out: You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the services.
Our Site may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
Changes to this statement